Friday, May 23, 2014

My Accidental Love of Rumparooz Pocket Diapers

I never wanted to like pocket diapers. The idea of using a diaper only once before washing didn't appeal to my frugal nature. I was (and still am) all about the affordability of diaper covers and shells that can be used for several diaper changes before washing. When I received a Rumparooz pocket diaper as part of a surprise package I was a little disappointed. Okay, a lot disappointed. I didn't think I would like it, much less love it!



A few months later I gave birth to a 6 lb baby with chicken legs. The only one size diapers I owned that even came close to fitting her were SoftBums. Everything else was laughable. I was kicking myself for not buying any newborn diapers. On a whim I dug out the Rumparooz to try on her. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it not only fit, it fit WELL! And it did a GREAT job at containing all of that newborn poo.

I eventually added two more Rumparooz One Size Pocket Diapers to my collection. It turns out they were designed by a mom, Julie Ekstrom, who had similar fit problems with her daughter. When she couldn't find a diaper that would contain messes she designed one of her own. That was in 2006. They have since grown to include several diapering options (pocket diapers, diaper covers and newborn diapers) as well as cloth diapering accessories like wet bags.



Here are just a few reasons why I have grown to love my Rumparooz;

1. Inner Gussets
Genius. Pure genius. This diaper can contain just about anything a baby throws at it. It has only ever failed me ONCE and I blame that on myself. The gussets are patented by Kanga Care/Rumparooz. They make this diaper truly unique! 

{The awesome inner gussets}

2. Fit
This diaper actually fit my newborn. Besides SoftBums it was the ONLY one size diaper I owned that lived up to that promise. My baby is now four months old with *very* chunky thighs and they still fit like a dream. 

3. Ease of Use
Once the pocket has been stuffed these diapers are just like disposables (except you don't throw them away!). No folding, no Snappi, no making sure everything is tucked in under a diaper cover. Just on and off. I also have the Aplix version which makes them a cinch to fasten. The Aplix is strong and stays put during washing.

{Sturdy laundry tabs}

4. Softness
This diaper is soooooo soft! The inside is unbelievably soft and squishy, even after many washes. I love the feel of the outside of this diaper too. It's just a super soft diaper all the way around!

5. Prints
They have some of the best prints and colors on the market! Seriously! Charlie, Quinn, Preppy, Peacock....they are all adorable! I currently have Tulip and Amethyst for my little lady. But Charlie, I *need* that print!

A Rumparooz G2 One Size diaper can be purchased from many different cloth diaper retailers for $23 - $25.95. They come in Aplix or snap closures. Two soakers are included which can be used together or separately. This is a great diaper to try if you are looking for a bombproof option that is super user friendly!  

{The two soakers}

{I currently use the large soaker snapped down for my four month old}

Have you ever been surprised that you liked a certain style of diaper? If so, what kind?


*I was not compensated for this blog post in any way.
  
(This post is linked up at http://thehomesteadinghippy.com/strawberry-piefrom-farm/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment